Nike Develops a Holistic Approach to Its MAP Policy With Wiser Solutions Pricing & MAP Intel
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. It is the world’s largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel, and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
Nike is the market leader in a highly competitive industry, and needed a partner to monitor how MAP was applied across retail partners. Many vendors could provide MAP policy and eCommerce monitoring, however, Nike needed a vendor that could take it one step further.
Nike required services such as:
- 360° view of the marketplace in order to understand product advertising occurring in all channels.
- Automated monitoring and alerts when advertisers break their MAP policy instead of manually monitoring.
- Flexible reporting to deal with the high volume of Nike products, retailers, and sellers.
The company needed to find a partner who could provide customized reports in a timely manner.
Nike evaluated potential partners and chose Numerator’s MAP Intel product, which has now merged with Wiser Solutions’ MAP Intelligence product. This product stood out due to its ability to provide a customized solution offering visibility into not only online pricing but also promotional pricing and potential violations in email, website, and circular promotions.
The data from this panoramic view of the marketplace is delivered to Nike through a combination of near-real-time email alerts of any pricing violations, web-based reporting dashboards, and custom reports delivered to Nike by the Wiser Solutions customer success team. This partnership led to a dramatic drop in MAP pricing violations — streamlining the Nike team’s workflow and saving them time.
Nike makes a point to reevaluate its MAP policy every six months to ensure the procedures are working and addressing the ever-changing marketplace. According to the Nike team, this reevaluation process can come equipped with its own set of challenges, however, Nike has been grateful for Wiser MAP Intel’s ability to adapt quickly to those shifts and make any necessary changes to the program.
"We were looking to find a vendor who could help us get a clearer picture of what our retailers were doing in the marketplace and would allow us to build our own machine instead of providing us with a cookie-cutter program. The omnichannel view would ensure our retailers followed the MAP policy resulting in the same story being told across all channels."
Nike, Inc.’s Marketplace Manager
The success of the program developed for Nike by Wiser MAP Intel can be seen in:
- The dramatic drop in MAP pricing violations: though the number can vary week to week, Nike has seen a significant drop in violations to its MAP policy across the board.
- Nike has kept their authorized resellers in check after an initial cleanup of pricing violations and established strong leadership with their pricing policy, continued vigilance and monitoring.
- Most importantly, Nike’s Director of Marketplace Management indicated that the excellent collaboration developed between Nike and Wiser Solutions and the continued enforcement of the MAP strategy has allowed Nike to remain in a leadership position.
“This is something we’re very grateful for and it’s why we’ve continued to recommend Wiser’s MAP Intel to other organizations.”
Gain a Partner in Wiser
Wiser Solutions is in it for the long haul. We will be a dedicated partner to your marketing efforts as we work with you to establish baselines, run tests, optimize workflows, and turn our real-time data into confident marketing decisions for your business.
Knock that next merchandising campaign out of the park. Win market share from your competition with price optimization. Understand shopper insights to create better messaging. No matter your goals, Wiser is here to help.
What Problems Are You Facing
We’re here to understand your challenges and craft a solution that fits your needs.